Asphalt Testing at i2 Analytical
Complementing the wide range of geotechnical and in-situ site services offered by i2, our UKAS accredited asphalt laboratory based in Central Scotland, offers a comprehensive range of testing to clients based throughout the UK.
Our highly skilled technical team has vast experience in all aspects of civil engineering, infrastructure, airport runways and projects of national significance. By using the newest technologies and techniques our laboratory is able to offer industry leading turnarounds. Utilising our brand new Falcon HD coring rig our site team have performed a number of roads inspections across the country including investigative coring with PAH testing completed in-house.
We provide fast and efficient sample turnarounds of 7 working days as standard with a 5 day rapid service available on request.
Our In-situ and laboratory Asphalt offering includes the following tests and analysis:
• Sampling and Laying Records
• Surface Regularity – Rolling Straight Edge
• Surface Regularity – Transverse Straight Edge
• Surface Macrotexture
• Rate of Spread
• Core Extraction
• Binder Content by Difference
• Binder Content by Direct Method *Falls outside our UKAS accreditation schedule
• Particle Size Distribution
• Maximum Density
• Bulk Density
• Determination of Air Void Content
• Compaction by Vibratory Compaction
• Core Logging inc Determination of Thickness
• PAK Spray Indicator
• Coal Tar Analysis
• Hot Sand Test
Interested in finding out more? Contact us to find out how we can help to meet the needs of your testing requirements.
Business Development Director
+44 (0)1604 705913
Regional Director – North
+44 (0)1355 202915